Tuesday, May 5, 2009

H2H Spring Cleaning

Here is Chris Dietrich's report from the H2H race in Wawayanda State Park (NJ)

Race #3 of the season, #1 in the Campmor H2H series.
Conditions: Rainy and muddy.
Course: Very technical with slippery roots and rocks everywhere.
Distance: 30 miles.
Time: 3:21

Overall I took 21 out of 22. Not anything to brag about, but I am still learning how to pace in a race this long. I felt good during the race and I am happy with my progress as the season is just under way. Had I pushed just a little harder there were about four other riders about 5-6 minutes ahead of me that I may have been able to catch. I did not have any technical issues or crashes, but it was a tough race. I saw some familiar faces at the race so I know some of the guys who finished in front of me. Some of those guys I can try and beat at Tymor in two weeks.

Chris races in the Expert Senior 1 class and is the 2 time defending New Jersey State Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment