Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lewis Morris Challenge, July 5th

Race reports from the Alesio brothers have just come in and here they are! Enjoy!


3rd out 13 Pro racers at the Lewis Morris Challenge
So my brother and I got to the starting line a little late to get on the front line, so we were forced to the second line back from the front. This would certainly change things a little for us, as I have been consistently leading every race the last month or more. As it starts I saw Dylan make some good passes and get in to the lead, while I was stuck behind. I got to the first climb and took my spot in the lead with a train attach to me. For half of the race I was leading the train of Aaron Snyder, Rob Lichtenwalner, Dylan and Mike "Motorboat", but I had no clue what to expect the rest of the race. Aaron and Rob made a few attack attempts, but I was able to hold them off. Just after the halfway point, Aaron became Euro Aaron and launched an attack no body in the Pro class could contest on this day. The race changed quite a bit as Aaron lead and a gap formed between us. Robby Boy and I gave chase as best we could creating another gap separating us from Dylan and Mike. Rob and I rode together the rest of the race, taking turns on the last lap as we were both suffering pretty badly. As we approached the end of the race, I was preparing for a sprint finish, that never came. The long race had taken its tole on my bike and any force on the pedals would cause my chain to skip all over the place. Turns out, I bent a couple teeth on my big ring at some point. Without the possibility of sprint finish, I was forced to settle for 3rd place. Overall, the course was fast and fun, with plenty of climbing.

Capping it all off, we had the best of the best professional Water-Boy, Jude, handing out our bottles. I highly recommend this race to everyone next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment