Monday, July 13, 2009

NJ State Championships

Sunday was the H2H Bulldog Romp that also serves as the NJ State Championships for NJ residents. Proud Jersey boy, Chris Dietrich was attempting to successfully defend his title that he won in the Beginner class in 2007 and the Sport class in 2008. 2009 was to be in the Expert class. A challenge Chris has been looking forward to and all season. I will ruin the surprise and let you know that Chris finished 12th out of 16 racers and 7th in the State. He has written a race report that is posted below. We consider this a good result from Chris who has exceeded expectations and done very well his first year racing in the Expert class.

Today was the NJ State Championships at Kittatiny Valley State Park in Andover, NJ. I finished 12 out of 16 racers and 7th in the state championship. I had a really good race today as we raced for 28 miles. I felt really good all day today and I am noticing the work that I have been putting in is helping me. The conditions today were great. I thought that the course would be not so good as we had a lot of rain on Saturday night. The course was pretty much as fast as when I pre-rode on Saturday. My tire of choice today was the WTB Nano Raptor. I thought with its tight tread pattern and it being a wider tire than my normal Wolverine tire which is a 1.95 that it would be extremely fast on the course. The Nano Raptor flies on hardpack! It was the perfect tire for this course today. Well I will be back at it this week training hard as always. The next race will be the D&Q Summer Sizzler in Sewell, NJ on the 25th of July. -Chris Dietrich

No comments:

Post a Comment