Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lewis Morris Challenge, July 5th

Race report from Dylan:


5th out of 13 pro racers.
Like Andrew, I found myself in the second row of racers at the start. After your tradition mass start with elbows flying and bars knocking, I found myself leading for a short period of time until Andrew took my place atop the tight pack of five racers that had pulled away from the pack. The five racers stayed together most of the time until Aaron took off up a rooty climb jut after the halfway point. Andrew took off trying to catch him and Vegan Rob stayed on his wheel. I would have liked to stay with them, but when I reached for the needed energy I knew I would bonk if I tried to keep that pace and was concerned about finishing. Andrew did a great job nailing down 3rd despite a late technical and I was able to hold on to 5th place. All in all I could have felt better physically, but feel that I was mentally prepared and still pushed hard to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment