Friday, June 19, 2009

Andrew and Dylan Finish 1 and 2 at Williams Lake Classic

Andrew and Dylan Alesio finished 1st and 2nd respectively at the Williams Lake Classic on Sunday 6/14. Greg has been scouring the internet for photos, so if you come across any, email them to gpolitz@advancedsports.com

Here are the race reports:

Andrew

First place out of 11 pro racers.

This course is privately owned and it was by far on my top three list as far as trails go. The pros had four long laps of the best single track ever. It was about 95% single track that was fast and a little wet/muddy. At the starting line there was a call up based on the order that the racers registered. Dylan and I were called up last, which put us onto only room remaining, on the tall slow grass. The gun went off, Dylan took the lead and I was right there until some silly racer decided to get in between us. With in seconds he slowed me down, so I passed him and got right behind Dylan. With half of the first lap done my bro and I had at least a thirty second lead back to third place. At that point I knew I it was going to be a battle between the both of us. Then, I heard a release of air, Dylan got a flat. When I finished my first lap I used my special twin powers, and I knew that Dylan had fixed his flat and was aiming for my spot, first place. So what the race came down to three and a half laps by myself. I just laid the hammer down from the start and did not let off once. There were lots of climbs and some were slick. I amazed myself, I rode every slick climb at least twice. The mud was the very fun and unpredictable. Just one big slip and slide. The trails are just amazing. There is a cave that you ride through with run way lighting (Very Dim; I felt sorry for people that had poor night vision). Some of the climbs gave you a treat of the most scenic views I have ever seen. There were some large mine hole straight down through the earth, just awesome. I rode this race strong because if I did not I knew that I was going to see some orange through the trees if I looked back. I rode so hard that Dylan never saw me, and that I had a ten minute lead on him. The paced I rode gave me a 19 minute lead on third place at the finish. After I finished, the announcer told me that I had a two minute gap on the first lap and ever lap after that the gap grew. I am happy with first place but it would have been more fun to have by brother around a little longer so that we could hurt each other a little more.

Dylan

2nd Out of 11 Pro men.

The best single track I have ever ridden. The course goes through a long cave with run way lighting. Amazing!!! There is area on the course where the temperatures drops to about 40 degrees, ice cold air from an old cave or mining hole. From the start I launched into 1st as Andrew became my shadow and follow me closely. I was ridding strong and focused. I flatted my rear tire and tried to fix it fast but every thing was slick. Shortly I was up and moving as I dropped way back. The flat was my error as all (most) flats are rider error. I was ridding along and asking too much from them, as a result a breach occurred. So I went from 1st to way in the back all with in the first lap. I worked very hard to catch Andrew, but I just ended up in 2nd place by the end of the second lap with a 2 minute lead on 3rd place. Andrew was long gone never to be seen again. When I passed the 2nd place guy, he told me that he was done and pulled out.The condition were wet and muddy. I love the skill of controlled power sliding in the mud. So another 2nd place for me and soon a 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment