Friday, June 26, 2009

Dark Horse Gallop H2H Race Reports

Below are the race reports for Dylan and Andrew Alesio from the Dark Horse Gallop H2H race.

Andrew:

2nd out of 14 in the Pro race
Ya, this was by far a mud race, the soupy slop that only wants to do one thing, destroy your bike components. At the start of the race I was leading and holding a pace that made me question why don't I feel so good? Well, I remember now, I was sick with a fever for three days after a free massage at the last race that I won at, the Williams Lake Classic. I guess that is what you get for a freebie. Note to self; pass on free massage, don't get any thing too deep after a race (does more damage), and keep on top of massages for maintenance of a happy and healthy muscles. Back to the Dark Horse Gallop mud fest, I defended/battled the lead for about three laps and lost it by the last lap as I was total shot. This race was just under two hours and forty minutes of just pure suffering. The shifting failed, took two hands on the grip shift to attempt to change gears. The mud disintegrated the break pad to the metal backing and making them thin veneers. The last half of the race I had no breaks. I just stuck with it and finished. This was a race I would not want to relive. I hope that next race is dry for a change. I think that Dylan and I are going to pass on Marysville.

Dylan:

DNF. At the start of the I was very reserved off the line, and rode in second behind Andrew. After the Prologue I wanted to pass Andrew, but I just sat tight. Shortly We dropped into 2nd and 3rd and back into 1st and 2nd. The condition were just wet, muddy and nasty. I started my second lap and found my bottoming my brake lever to the grip. I knew what had happen. No more brake pads left. I had trouble telling my to stop racing and after missing several turn and trees, I discontinued the effort to ensure that I don't hurt my self. So it did not go my way that day and I will only learn from this events.

No comments:

Post a Comment