Friday, June 12, 2009

Tour de Tykes race report

Here are race reports from the Alesio brothers.

Andrew:

6 out of 14 in the Elite Open class
Some days you have it and some are just a little slower. After traveling to and from Alabama, I had a few night of not so good sleep. Pretty much watching the clock tick as i ask myself why I can't fall asleep. Warming-up just a few minutes before the start of the race I knew that it was going to be an off day. I could feel my legs not responding so well, and no warm-up could change that. I started the race and worked my way into my finishing position with in the first few minutes of the race. I had enough power to defend sixth place the whole race but not enough to move up any position. This race was one of my slowest starts this year. I am use to leading the race for about three quarter of the first lap, but not this time. I think that I had a lead for about half a minute. Though I did not start the race the way I wanted, I did pull myself into form later into the race. That was a very good thing because most of the course was far from flat. I love these trails, they are tough and fast. The big 29 inch wheels just ate up the trail and gave all the traction need for the tight turns and the hard breaking.


Dylan:

2nd out of 14 Elite open racers.
From the start of the race I was in the very back of the field and shortly after I found myself up front leading with Andrew (but he did not last as long). I was first on to the fire road and than was battling to hold the position. I dropped back to 4th place for a few minutes and was ready to attack hard. I made my way in to second place and feeling strong as I tried to get 1st back into sight, but I realized that Brandon Draugelis made his move and put the time in between us in the beginning. I attacked every climb. I feel that I am coming into form and really feeling right. I rode flawlessly, no dabbing, and no running. The big wheels are just right.

Results can be seen here:
http://bigwhitetrailer.com/timing/results_2009/20090607TDTElite-Expert.HTM

No comments:

Post a Comment