Monday, June 29, 2009

Cowbell Challenge Race Report-----Finally!

Seems like the Cowbell Challenge Race organizers took their time posting results from the June 21st race. Chris Dietrich was the only team member who traveled down to the NC race. Here is his race report.

The Cowbell Challenge was stop number four in the Kenda Cup East series in Davidson, NC. The conditions were hot and dry. The course was awesome. This course was very fast with a lot of great singletrack. I started the race well until I burped the front tire enough to where I had to add some air. I had another minor chain suck issue on lap two. In total both minor technical problems took less than two minutes to fix, but on this course I was passed by some people. I ended up finishing 12th out of 14 racers. I was content with that finish. I am still seeing improvements in all aspects of my riding and racing every week so I think that my training is going well. The next race will be the Lewis Morris Challenge in NJ. I am excited for this race because I know this course extremely well. I hope to see you at the Lewis Morris Challenge on July 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment